Thursday, August 12, 2010

Lyme Disease Healed

My story of healing from Lyme Disease: On Sunday June 27 I came to church with less than a worshipful attitude, but worship began to break me and I ended up in a state of intense repentance. After worship time the pastor stood up to preach when his father in law stood and asked if he could say something. The pastor agreed and his father in law (James) began sharing a vision he had of God as a surgeon, amputating parts of us in order to save the whole person. It ended with him weeping on his knees. Shortly after this another woman in the church stood and shared a similar vision of amputation during the civil war. It spiraled from there. People began weeping and the pastor opened up the front of the church to anyone who felt a need (specifically mentioning healing as one). I knew I should go forward but felt very timid. God revealed that I had been essentially holding on to my disease. He really showed me my fear of letting it go. It dawned on me that I had never even prayed for healing. So, I went forward, weeping, and laid at the front of the church.

After a few moments laying on my stomach in front of the church, and silently praying for healing from the Lyme the same lady who had the word about amputation walked up to me and placed her hand on my back. She began praying for healing (I had not told her why I was weeping, and what I was praying for). Almost immediately my body began to shake uncontrollably. It was like every muscle in my body was tensing and releasing spasmodically over and over. She continued to pray for healing throughout my body, and astoundingly began telling me it was ok to let the disease go (as though she had read my mind). As I lay there shaking I felt the Lord telling me that the disease was as much a spiritual issue as it was a physical issue. He revealed to me that it was something that had followed my family for generations, and I distinctly remember thinking "it's a spirit of infirmity". No sooner had a thought this than the lady (Karen) began saying things like "we renounce this spirit of infirmity that has followed Maggie's family". At this point my level of belief had jumped through the roof. I had been fighting resistance, still vaguely feeling that maybe this was all just emotions... I was just imagining it... but her apparent mind reading began squelching those thoughts. And then... the final blow to my doubt came... as I lay with my arms above my head my right shoulder (which has been injured since highschool) began radiating pain. I began thinking "well, the Lord is going to heal my Lyme but I guess I still have to deal with this stupid shoulder". Almost immediately Karen then laid her hand on my right shoulder and began praying for healing in all the bones, joints and muscles. It was almost too much for me to handle. While I lay there my Pastor prayed over me and gave me a word of knowledge on my behalf, and James also came over to join in the prayer for healing. After about fifteen minutes of this the atmosphere changed. As though on cue my body slowly stopped shaking as Karen began praying for peace, strength and a deeper impression of the Holy Spirit in my life.

When everything was over I shared my testimony in front of the church in accordance with my belief that I am now Lyme and shoulder injury free. Since then I have had no real shoulder pain to speak of and absolutely no fever (which is the first time in almost a year that I have not run a fever). Not only have I not been running a fever, my body temperature is lower than I had realized, holding steady at 97.5 or so, when I used to think it must be naturally 99.0 because it was always in the 99's. Months later and I am still praising the Lord for my miracle.


Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment