Monday, August 2, 2010

Deaf Ear Healed!

In July, a bunch of us from Harvest went to Curitiba, Brazil with a little over 200 (mostly) American youth with an organization called Global Awakening. It was an amazing opportunity to minister to people and see miracles and healings. On one occasion, at a smaller church near the end of the trip, our team was doing time of ministry at the end of the service and we were generally praying for both physical and emotional healings. A man in his mid 40s came up to me and told the translator that he was mostly deaf in his left ear. He said he had about 12% hearing in that ear. I was kinda nervous because I had never prayed for a deaf ear before and didn't have too much faith for it. But I went ahead and prayed anyway and after a short while had the translator ask him if he felt anything. He said he felt nothing, so I prayed again. This time he said he had about 40% hearing. I thanked God and blessed what he was doing and prayed again. There was no change. We prayed again. He was up to 60%. The man also said he was feeling heat in his ear. Praise God! Again, I thanked God and blessed it and asked for more. No change again, but we prayed again. This time he was at 80%! I asked if he was satisfied or if he wanted to keep going. (He said keep going of course.) So I prayed again and it was up to 90%!! He also said that when we were praying he felt something go "pop" and open up in his ear that had been closed before! It was awesome.
 
Kalin

No comments:

Post a Comment