Monday, August 2, 2010

Treasure Hunt - Testimony 1

My husband was preparing to go out Treasure Hunting with a few others from church.  (Treasure Hunting is where we ask the Lord, before we go out, to give us clues to who He desires for us to minister to.  Sometimes we will feel led to go to a certain store or maybe what a person is wearing or looks like.  The ultimate goal is to love up on people, pray for healing, needs or concerns and lead them into an encounter with a living, breathing God! )  Anyway, back this testimony.   After a quick dinner, we asked our children if they would ask for God for clues to who the team should minister to that night.  Almost immediately, our daughter says, "Can I say something?  Go to Walmart.  When you walk in, go around the corner and there will be a person sitting there that is sad."
Later that night, the team went to Walmart ( because of what she said).  My husband picked the middle entrance, went in, went around the corner to the right and into the Pharmacy.  Right there on a bench, waiting for a prescription, was a women and she was obviously sad.  Knowing that this was what our daughter had saw, my husband had the pleasure of sharing with this woman that God saw her and wanted to comfort and heal her.   The woman was greatly encouraged and thankful.  Yes!
One more thing, as I was putting our daughter to bed, she asked me, "Did Daddy find that woman?"  I was amazed because he had just text me from Walmart to say he found this women who was sad, but our daughter had originally never said it was a woman!
This and many more experiences like this, have led me to know, the Holy Spirit is heard by our children and many times clearer than what we hear!
Freda Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment